What is the No Place For Hate Community Network?
- A network of communities throughout New England working towards creating inclusive environments and sharing best practices
- A host of resources for all New England Communities who wish to participate
- A community-based initiative with an enhanced focus on supporting local grassroots coalitions
Committee Members and Positions:
Barbara Aharoni – Chairperson, Michelle Badger – Schools Liaison, Lennie De Souza Smith, Vedna Heywood, Michelina Larson- Students’ Liaison, Susan Moore – PPL Liaison, Marianne Tenney – Recording Secretary, Roy Zahreciyan – PAICA Liaison
How Can Communities Participate?
- Local community coalitions or committees (pre-existing or new) may initiate the program in their community through its Boards of Selectmen, local council of churches or any other local community organization.
Who is the Plymouth No Place For Hate Committee?
- The No Place For Hate (NPFH) Committee is made up of Plymouth residents of all ages and backgrounds who believe in acceptance and equality for everyone. Members are appointed the Board of Selection to serve on the Town of Plymouth ‘s No Place For Hate Committee.
How Does Plymouth No Place for Hate Work?
- At its inception in 2001, the Plymouth No Place For Hate initiative was recognized by an official proclamation by the Selectmen asserts that the community will organize anti-bias programs and will actively challenge hate and bigotry.
- Local committees plan and host community-based activities, working to involve all members of the community in events which promote respect and understanding.
Why we need your help
- We support many events through out the year in the Town of Plymouth and surrounding areas. Many of these events simply require a presence, while others require monetary support. We need much community and business support to help us continue our work for a better Plymouth . Work that makes Plymouth stronger and a better place to live.
- Please support our work either financially or through volunteering with the committee.
- We need your help in the many projects we take on every year. Together, we can make the Town of Plymouth, a better place for everyone.
How to help us help you
For information, or to give us your support, use the Request Information form see Tab above.